About this policy
Protecting your privacy
- Journey Management Systems is committed to protecting the privacy of any of your personal information that we hold.
- We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collect it or as may be permitted by law.
- We will comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles.
- If you are an organisation e.g. a corporation, a government department or an agency, we may require you to provide us with personal information about your employees and other individuals in order to provide our services to you. Where you provide us with sensitive information about an individual, you must obtain authorisation from that individual to provide us with such information and refer those individuals to this policy.
Information that we collect and how we use it
To be able to use certain areas and features of the Site, specifically requested by you, we may require you provide us with information that identifies you personally. This information may include:
- Your name
- Your company name
- Your email address
- Billing address
- Telephone number
- Credit card/payment account information
The information we collect may be used to verify your identity, to create your JMS account, to bill you for the service offered by the Site you have subscribed to, and to correspond with you (such as through email newsletters or correspondence to us initiated by you).
All email newsletters contain instructions to unsubscribe from the mailing list. You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to remove your email address from our mailing list at any time.
To be able to create an account with JMS, to use and subscribe to the service offered by the Site you must provide us with your identifiable personal information.
We will never sell or share your personal information to any persons or organisations except when required by law for the investigation of illegal or criminal actives, the exercise of legal rights or in defence against any legal claims, or otherwise.
Your credit card information
At the time of payment, your credit card information is passed securely using 128bit SSL to our payment gateway. We never store your credit card information for any reason.
How we ensure the security of your information
- Sensitive information includes information about a person’s ethnicity or race, religious beliefs, political opinion, membership of a political party, health and dietary requirements.
- We will not require sensitive information to be disclosed to us unless it is necessary for us to provide the relevant services.
- If we are provided with any sensitive information that we did not request, that information may be retained and stored.
How we collect personal information
- If you are an individual and you contact us directly to request our services, we will ask you to provide us with the relevant personal information that we require in order that we may provide the services to you.
- If you are an organisation e.g. a corporation, a government department or an agency we will ask you to provide us with the relevant personal information of your employees and other individuals that we require in order that we may provide the services to you.
- Our website may offer links to other websites that may collect your personal information. You should read the privacy policies of any such third parties as we are not responsible for how they collect, use or disclose personal information.
How we hold personal information
- We hold personal information in electronic form and in hard copy form in files.
- We take reasonable steps to protect personal information and to prevent its misuse or unauthorised disclosure.
- We store our hard copy files in filing cabinets and cupboards. We restrict access to those files as necessary.
- We may also use cloud storage to store your personal information and the relevant servers may be located outside Australia.
The purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
- We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the purposes of providing you with our services.
- We may disclose your personal information to external service providers e.g. aircraft operators, in order that they may provide those parts of our services that we contract out to them.
Cookies – how we use them
Online advertising we use
We use Google AdWords Remarketing to advertise JMS across the Internet. AdWords remarketing will display relevant ads tailored to you based on what parts of the JMS website you have viewed by placing a cookie on your machine. THIS COOKIE DOES NOT IN ANYWAY IDENTIFY YOU OR GIVE ACCESS TO YOUR COMPUTER. The cookie is used to say “This person visited this page, so show them ads relating to that page.” Google AdWords Remarketing allows us to tailor our marketing to better suit your needs and only display ads that are relevant to you.
If you do not wish to participate in our Google AdWords Remarketing, you can opt out by visiting Google’s Ads Preferences Manager.
Employment or contracting with us
- If you are applying to us for employment, we will ask you to provide us with your personal information including contact information, identification information, your employment history, references and other relevant information to assess your application.
- If you will be contracting with us as a contractor, sub-contractor or as a consultant, we will ask you to provide us with your personal information including contact information, identification information, information relating to your experience, references and other relevant information to assess your suitability.
- We may use your personal information to provide you with further information about our services that may be of interest to you.
- If you do not wish to receive our marketing information, you may ask us to remove you from our mailing lists by contacting our Privacy Officer, whose details are set out below.
Credit information and Credit card details
- If we provide you with credit, we may ask you to provide us with credit information relating to you including contact information, identification information, bank and trade references and other information to assess your
- credit worthiness.
- If you pay us for our services with a credit card, we will ask you to provide us with the relevant credit card information.
How we store data
Ionyx retains all rights of ownership on our software, code, databases, designs and any other internally developed application to provide the Site and the Service. You retain all rights of your data posted on the service.
We utilise external vendors and hosting companies to provide the software, hardware, storage, networking and other necessary technology required to provide the service.
When you use JMS, we may collect and process information about your actual location. When we have location information, we use it to process your geolocation check in alerts and past due notifications to persons designated by your company. When you have location data turned on, the JMS app will, from time to time, tell us about your devices location even if you are not directly interacting with the application.
Controlling your personal information
We make every effort to give you access to your personal information, to allow you to correct any inaccuracies, or to remove your personal information at your request provided it is not required for genuine business purposes or by law to be retained.
We require you identify yourself and the information you request to access, remove, modify or correct before commencing such requests. We may refuse requests that are of unreasonable technical effort or would be highly unfeasible, endanger the privacy of others, or require access that is not normally necessary. When we provide access to your personal information for the purposes of modification, correction or removal, we do so free of charge except where doing so requires a unreasonable effort.
To request the removal of your account, please contact email@example.com. We will remove all of your information and data from the Site within 7 business days upon receipt of your request.
Disclosure of personal information to overseas recipients
- We may disclose your personal information to overseas external service providers e.g. aircraft operators, in order that they may provide those parts of our services that we contract out to them.
- Those overseas external service providers may be located in the USA, the United Kingdom, and other countries.
- You have a right to make a complaint if you consider that we have breached any Australian Privacy Principle by contacting our Privacy Officer, whose details are set out below.
- We will respond to your complaint within a reasonable period, usually 21 days.
- If you are dissatisfied with our response, you may lodge your complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner whose contact details are –
telephone: 1300 363 992.
Our Privacy Officer
- If you require additional information relating to your personal information or require us to provide you with your personal information that we hold or to update or correct any such information or to make a complaint, please contact our Privacy Officer whose details are as follows:-
IONYX Pty Ltd
Level 3/243 Edward St Brisbane City QLD 4000
- We may also take other reasonable steps to notify you of any changes.